Neighbours Delighted As Man Trying To Turn On Christmas Lights Is Electrocuted

Residents of a Dublin suburb were overwhelmed with joy last night when a local man who was trying to turn on his Christmas lights on the 9th of November was electrocuted and died. Neighbours of 63-year-old Paddy Delaney from Castleknock said he’s been turning them on earlier every year and it was really starting to piss them off.

“I asked him to stop doing it.” said Paddy’s next-door neighbour Tom Dwyer. “I kept telling him that as soon as he turns his lights on all our kids start whinging at us to turn our lights on but he wouldn’t listen. In fact he started turning them on earlier every year just to annoy everyone even more. Prick!”

A safety examination of the house found that Mr. Delaney was adding way too many lights to an already overloaded power source and trying to change a plug during heavy rain while resting his ladder on an overhead power line.

Mary Corcoran lives directly across the road and said she witnessed the whole thing. “He was up there on his ladder with lights hanging out of him everywhere. Next thing there was a bang and he went flying over the hedge into next door’s garden with his head lit up like a firework. God Almighty what a thing to witness. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as much in me life.”

Around this time every year the debate comes up time and time again about how early is too early for Christmas lights and decorations. Some people say it’s never too early to bring a bit of joy into the world while others believe it should at least be left until the beginning of December. Whoever may be right one thing is certain, the unfortunate Paddy Delaney won’t be taking part in that debate ever again.

“Paddy wasn’t all bad and I do have a tiny bit of sympathy for the man but at the end of the day he was a selfish prick and most of us living around here won’t miss him.” said his wife Anne.